Today is the last day of Movember, so we wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas out there who made a commitment this month for men's health. Whether you shaved down and grew a stache, took the 30-day MOVE challenge, or donated to the cause, your actions made a difference.
As our way of showing our gratitude, we wanted to feature five Mo Bros who were a part of The Bearded Bastard Movember team and helped us raise money for men's health this month. As this post heads to the presses, the TBB team has raised well over $6K (and counting), and these fine bastards are a big reason why.
- Ben Verley - Ben first participated in Movember five years ago as a way to have fun and grow a 'stache, but it quickly became a lot more than that when he started learning the personal stories of men affected by prostate cancer and other men's health issues. This year Ben is the top earner on the TBB Movember team.
- Brian Warneck - Brian is a 4th-year Mo Bro. He originally joined through a team at work, and has since developed his signature Beard Removal system for auctioning off portions of his beard to shave -- and raising money and awareness for men's health in the process.
- Max Stowell - For Max the Movember cause is a personal one. Having lost his father to cancer when he was still a toddler, supporting the fight against cancer has always been important to him. But with Movember he gets to do more than just send in a check, and stays involved with the organization year-round. The epic Tom Selleck 'stache, however, is a limited time offering.
- Josh Koroleski - For Josh the cause is a personal one as well, having seen his father be diagnosed with — and then beat — prostate cancer. According to Josh the diagnosis was a total fluke, so he's raising money for a world where we don't leave men's health up to chance.
- Victor Camacho - Victor joined the cause not only to raise awareness for men's health during the month of November, but year-round as well. Prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health, and lack of exercise are all taking our brothers, fathers, grandfathers, and friends at a young age, and Victor wants to motivate others to help reverse the trend.
Each of these Mo Bros received a $100 donation to their Movember campaigns and a box of goodies from The Bearded Bastard. Thanks to everyone that raised money and awareness for men's health this month, and to those that continue the cause year-round.